How to access SD card on Samsung Note 2....

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Noob question: How do you access the SD card on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2... I installed it, I can see it in storage but I can't access it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help... Also my SD card is only 2 GB would that be the problem?
Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to access the SD Card from the device? If so, then you need to use a file manager to access it. There should be a file manager already installed which you can use. Otherwise, you'll need to download one from the Play Store -- ES File Explore, Astro File Explorer are a couple.

Open the file manager > select sd card > external sd card.

If you are trying to view the SD Card from a computer you may need to install the Kies Software.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You need to install Kies just to mount/view the SD card? Why?

I thought newer Samsung devices use MTP to view sd card info from a PC rather than mounting as USB Mass Storage. I had no problem with my Epic 4G Touch on Gingerbread but this was changed when the ICS build was released...I'm rooted and use an app to force it into Mass Storage or its changed by the ROM Developers.

If it's not being read by the PC or Mac then you will need the driver, which I think is included with Kies, to view the sd card. There are still other methods, such as WiFi File Explore to view the contents of the sd card without connecting.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Lame. I don't have a Samsung, so, I'll take your word for it.

You could also get a USB card reader and just remove the card, though that'd be a hassle.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Noob question: How do you access the SD card on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2... I installed it, I can see it in storage but I can't access it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help... Also my SD card is only 2 GB would that be the problem?
Thanks

Have you checked the "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" Forums or manual......

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I thought newer Samsung devices use MTP to view sd card info from a PC rather than mounting as USB Mass Storage. I had no problem with my Epic 4G Touch on Gingerbread but this was changed when the ICS build was released...I'm rooted and use an app to force it into Mass Storage or its changed by the ROM Developers.

If it's not being read by the PC or Mac then you will need the driver, which I think is included with Kies, to view the sd card. There are still other methods, such as WiFi File Explore to view the contents of the sd card without connecting.

MTP works without any need of Kies as MTP is a standard which should work without any extra drivers, OS on PC just need to support it same as USB Mass Storage

Also @athenatp what do you mean by you not able to access it, you can accass phone storage at all or you dont see phone PC at all? What OS do you using?

Arvind Kumar Thakur

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung note 2 phone.I am a resident of India, but at present on tour of USA.I have about 400 photos on ext sd card of 32 gb installed in the phone.Now all of a sudden the phone is not detecting the data on ext sd card.please guide me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12