Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Devinator
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to access SD card on Samsung Note 2....

Hello,
    Noob question: How do you access the SD card on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2... I installed it, I can see it in storage but I can't access it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help... Also my SD card is only 2 GB would that be the problem?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    8,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: How to access SD card on Samsung Note 2....

Are you trying to access the SD Card from the device? If so, then you need to use a file manager to access it. There should be a file manager already installed which you can use. Otherwise, you'll need to download one from the Play Store -- ES File Explore, Astro File Explorer are a couple.

Open the file manager > select sd card > external sd card.

If you are trying to view the SD Card from a computer you may need to install the Kies Software.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    If you are trying to view the SD Card from a computer you may need to install the Kies Software.
    You need to install Kies just to mount/view the SD card? Why?

Global Posts
    8,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    You need to install Kies just to mount/view the SD card? Why?
    I thought newer Samsung devices use MTP to view sd card info from a PC rather than mounting as USB Mass Storage. I had no problem with my Epic 4G Touch on Gingerbread but this was changed when the ICS build was released...I'm rooted and use an app to force it into Mass Storage or its changed by the ROM Developers.

If it's not being read by the PC or Mac then you will need the driver, which I think is included with Kies, to view the sd card. There are still other methods, such as WiFi File Explore to view the contents of the sd card without connecting.
    Last edited by srkmagnus; 11-13-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Typos and cleaned up last paragraph.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Lame. I don't have a Samsung, so, I'll take your word for it.

You could also get a USB card reader and just remove the card, though that'd be a hassle.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    srkmagnus likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hi,
    Thank you all,
    I was able to access it through my files...

Quote Originally Posted by athenatp View Post
    Hello,
    Noob question: How do you access the SD card on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2... I installed it, I can see it in storage but I can't access it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help... Also my SD card is only 2 GB would that be the problem?
    Thanks
    Have you checked the "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" Forums or manual......

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

Simple change the USB mode on the phone when prompted. By defaut, it is in picture mode.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    I thought newer Samsung devices use MTP to view sd card info from a PC rather than mounting as USB Mass Storage. I had no problem with my Epic 4G Touch on Gingerbread but this was changed when the ICS build was released...I'm rooted and use an app to force it into Mass Storage or its changed by the ROM Developers.

If it's not being read by the PC or Mac then you will need the driver, which I think is included with Kies, to view the sd card. There are still other methods, such as WiFi File Explore to view the contents of the sd card without connecting.
    MTP works without any need of Kies as MTP is a standard which should work without any extra drivers, OS on PC just need to support it same as USB Mass Storage

Also @athenatp what do you mean by you not able to access it, you can accass phone storage at all or you dont see phone PC at all? What OS do you using?

I have a samsung note 2 phone.I am a resident of India, but at present on tour of USA.I have about 400 photos on ext sd card of 32 gb installed in the phone.Now all of a sudden the phone is not detecting the data on ext sd card.please guide me.