Wondering if it's really worth upgrading....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently still rocking an OG Evo on Sprint. While not the newest, fastest, most up-to-date phone around, it's stable, reliable and does what I need it to do. OTOH, phones like the Evo LTE, the S3, and the Nexus S are undeniably cooler, and faster, and improved in many respects.

But the more I read the forums, the more it seems that all of these phones have a lot more bugs than my current phone does. And each firmware upgrade seems to introduce as many bugs as it does new features. My phone is a tool that I rely on for business. It's not a toy that I use for gaming, or watching movies, nor something I can afford to debug for the manufacturer. I have real cameras, and don't much care about the one in my phone.

I'm curious about people's thoughts on the above. If my OG Evo works, is there any real advantage to upgrading? Other than cool, what do I gain?

Thanks for your thoughts.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
if you are happy with what you have that is all that is important BUT everything has changed from the EVO. ICS and JB are much nicer than eclair or froyo. power, speed, camera...all improved.

I would upgrade in a heartbeat

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital