1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wondering if it's really worth upgrading....

I'm currently still rocking an OG Evo on Sprint. While not the newest, fastest, most up-to-date phone around, it's stable, reliable and does what I need it to do. OTOH, phones like the Evo LTE, the S3, and the Nexus S are undeniably cooler, and faster, and improved in many respects.

But the more I read the forums, the more it seems that all of these phones have a lot more bugs than my current phone does. And each firmware upgrade seems to introduce as many bugs as it does new features. My phone is a tool that I rely on for business. It's not a toy that I use for gaming, or watching movies, nor something I can afford to debug for the manufacturer. I have real cameras, and don't much care about the one in my phone.

I'm curious about people's thoughts on the above. If my OG Evo works, is there any real advantage to upgrading? Other than cool, what do I gain?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Wondering if it's really worth upgrading....

if you are happy with what you have that is all that is important BUT everything has changed from the EVO. ICS and JB are much nicer than eclair or froyo. power, speed, camera...all improved.

I would upgrade in a heartbeat