Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Remove Google account from "dead" MK802?

I wasn't sure if I should post this in General Helpl or maybe the Hardware forum... at this point I think I'm beyond hope on the hardware, so here I am.

I recently ordered a Rikomagic MK802 II:
    Amazon.com: Rikomagic MK802 II New Generation Mini Android 4.0 PC Google TV Box HD IPTV Player: Electronics

I was intrigued by the concept of a mini pc and thought it could be a good way to get youtube, remote potato, etc. on my non-smart tv. When I first got it I plugged it into the tv and plugged the usb into my laptop for power, it started right up and worked fine. I connected to my wifi, synced my google account, and downloaded some apps. I also removed all the Chinese apps that came pre-installed on it... After awhile I powered it down with the "power off" option in the taskbar. The next day, and several attempts after, I could not get it to boot back up. When I plug it in, it starts to boot and the Android screen comes up for awhile, then the screen flashes white and it starts over, and continues cycling like that until I pull the plug. I've tried USB power from my laptop, a powered USB hub, and a USB wall charger, all with the same result. If anyone has any other ideas I could try, I'd welcome them, but at this point I'm planning to return it.

Assuming I return it, I'm a little concerned that I synced it with my Google account and now I'm not sure how to remove it. Frankly I don't feel comfortable sending it back to this manufacturer with my account synced to it. I've pushed the hard reset button inside the device with a pin while it was powered on, but I'm not sure it had an effect. I can see the device on my Google Play account, but can't see a way to remove it from there. Incidentally, I also can't figure out how to remove my Droid X that I sold last summer after doing a factory data reset, but that's a question for another day.

So I guess if anyone has any thoughts on what I could try to get this device booted, or any steps I can take to remove it from my account without getting it booted, I'd appreciate it. I suppose if I change my Google password, that would prompt all my devices (including this one) to re-enter the password next time it's booted? Thanks...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Remove Google account from "dead" MK802?

Removing/hiding devices on Google Play website - Google Play Help

there you go...I have a ton of devices...i should clean it up
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

After I posted this last night, I did get it to boot up after holding down the hard reset button while I plugged it in. My google account appeared to be gone, but my wifi was still connected/password stored in memory. So I selected "factory data reset" and the screen went blank and couldn't even get it to go to the Android boot screen again... smh.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by droidXclone View Post
    After I posted this last night, I did get it to boot up after holding down the hard reset button while I plugged it in. My google account appeared to be gone, but my wifi was still connected/password stored in memory. So I selected "factory data reset" and the screen went blank and couldn't even get it to go to the Android boot screen again... smh.
    Maybe one of those Chinese apps was essential. Anyway to do a restore to it? I wish I could help more but am out of my element on this one

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Removing/hiding devices on Google Play website - Google Play Help

there you go...I have a ton of devices...i should clean it up
    did your older device disappear after 9 months of inactivity?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Nope, my original fascinate is still there after just about 2 years now

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Nope, my original fascinate is still there after just about 2 years now

Thanks for confirming. I made a thread about this and had no answer. I bump'ed the thread few times.
    Android Device on Google Play deletes after 9 months since last used date?