Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Q] How to play files on TV from external Hdd connected to TF101

dears,
    i have a question regarding playing files on TV via wifi which are located on an external HD, which is connected to TF101. In other words, i have toshiba external drive 500 gb, tf101, samsung ace 2 phone, samsung tv and skifta program. The idea is, connect external drive to tf101, initiate skifta in tf101 and in ace 2 phone and by using phone initiate a movie on TV which is located in external drive?
    And here I come into a problem, i can play movies on TV that are on my phone, and those that are in TF101, but with skifta my ace 2 does not list movies that are on external drive which is connected to TF101 If i use only TF101 and skifta, i also can play on TV only those files, that are on TF101 but those which are on external HDD are not listed.
    Is there a way to do that? Thank you!
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: [Q] How to play files on TV from external Hdd connected to TF101

So you are going from external to tablet to phone to TV? Why not just cut out the phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The thing is that i cannot play files on TV from connected external hdd even without the phone. It seems that the content of the external drive is not visible by programs that play files over wifi on TVs (skifta, allshare...). If i am mistaken, please guide me into the right direction. May be i should root TF101?
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I don't know what those apps you are using are. Can't you just hook your tablet up to your TV VIA HDMI?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums