I think I have double rooted my Galaxy Tab 8.9 - but my tiny technical mind is thinking they have probably cancelled eachother out... or probably the second root did not work because the first root file was still present? in any case it is not allowing me to remove bloatware / Superuser App appears to be not granted root access so my rootin tootin first dive into tablet hacking has gone awry! Can you help?
I have a UK Galaxy Tab 32Gb 3G (GT-P7300). I tried installing two separate root zip files via the standard recovery mode, one of which (my first attempt) should have been flashed/installed in CWM recovery - but wasn't. I then did factory reset, and tried the standard root advice as given on the top of teh XDA Developers GT 8.9 thread.
I have tried backing up to an old back up via KIES, and also a regular factory reset, but neither seem to get me back to square one (i.e the Superuser app is still installed in both cases).... any ideas gratefully received!
- 11-15-2012, 01:42 PM #2
Re: Double Root!?
I'm really just wanting to Root my tablet and install an app that will let me "freeze" or remove alot of the apps that are pre-installed by Samsung - and a waste of space for me
I'm pretty sure the Superuser app must have been included in the zip file that I downloaded, because it appeared on the app list, although i did not download it from the play store. I think I have followed all the instructions properly, and my tab should be rooted, but every app i use seems not to have root access...so i assume i have failed to root it.
- By joeybcdt in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 5Last Post: 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 157Last Post: 01-22-2010, 09:47 PM
- By ShiftNo in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 11-30-2009, 12:54 AM
- By brandonscott in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2009, 09:43 PM
- By tx26257 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 5Last Post: 11-03-2009, 06:56 PM