Bad Default Application

bozackt

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7. I accidentally set a wrong default application to view FLV videos. My problem is that I don't know what application it is. When I try to view a FLV file an applications quickly pops-up showing a green phone icon with the words "call details" then disappears. I can't find any application that seems to relate to this.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: The Android Phone app uses the icon that I see when the application the attempts to play the FLV file briefly appears. When I look at the details of the Phone app there is no default setting shown. Clearing data for the Phone app doesn't help.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, it must be some app you installed. Android doesn't have the ability to play FLV files stock. At least my Prime doesn't. I had to download an app that specifically plays them. My guess is you have installed an app that does so, and, set it to default. Carefully look at all of your apps and see which ones it could be. Once you know which it could be, clear defaults for all of those apps, and, hopefully that'll clear it up.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
its a samsung galaxy tab 2 7. it should at least on ICS.

I am totally not sure if this feature is in ICS or not. I believe its there. but you made a good point.

Yea, I wasn't sure what it'd have on it. I have ICS on my GTAB7, but, don't have time to bust it out right now. If the OP doesn't check come Monday, I will check.