1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Problem: Auto-Screen Rotation in Gallery/Camera?

Hi guys,

I've got a Samsung Galaxy III and have problems trying to view images in my gallery using the auto-rotate screen option and rather then having to manuallly press the rotate screen "icon" which does gets annoying. I just want to tilt my phone so the images can automatically change to portrait or landscape on its own depending what angle the phone tilts. I've ensure the auto-rotate screen is checked from Settings under Display and even tried unchecking it and checking it again as well as switching my phone on/off.

NOTE: That the auto-rotate screen option does work fine for me with everything else like watching videos, texting, internet browsing, music and even viewing the overall images in the gallery but when going in and viewing the pictures individually from either the Gallery or the Camera. All I've got is a rotate screen "icon" to press on manually each time I'd like the picture to be portrait and if I want landscape I have to press on the screen rotate icon again. I noticed the auto-rotate screen option doesn't work on my Home Screen and Lock Screen as well but that isn't the main issue.

I've been reading around and tried pulling out my battery on "Odin" mode, wait 30sec-1min then turn my phone on again and that didn't work. I've also did the same procedure and ensure I unchecked the auto-rotate screen option and checked it again after I turned on the phone. I tried the Gyroscope Caliberation option and calibrated it and that didn't work either. My sister has the same phone as me with the same version installed but she doesn't have this problem and I'm wondering if it's something to do with how my phone software's set up? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by kawaii_shugi; 11-15-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Default Re: Problem: Auto-Screen Rotation in Gallery/Camera?

I'm confused as to what is rotating in camera on your Sister's phone? Every phone I have ever used, everything on the camera screen is static, no matter how you hold it.

Default Re: Problem: Auto-Screen Rotation in Gallery/Camera?

I have the Galaxy S4 and mine dosnt auto rotate in the Gallery either, is there a way to make it so it will ?
    Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 3 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,