how to add widget - find menu button

mgh24

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I spent about 45 minutes doing google searches, but still have not figured this one out.

1st off, I am brand new to Android, have had this phone for 1 day.

All instructions I find say 1 of 2 things, either tap and hold the home screen until I see a "+add widgets", or swipe left to right until I see the menu button. I also read that the menu button should look like 3 vertical bars.

Tapping and holding the home screen only gives me options to add wallpapers, nothing else. I cannot find anything like a menu button. When I go into settings I can find nothing that has to do with adding widgets.

I figure this is right in front of my face, but I cannot find it. Can someone give me really specific instructions on how to find this menu button, what the icon for menu will look like?

Many thanks.

edit - Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long pressing the home screen was for Gingerbread. With Jellybean, to find widgets, bring up the app drawer (by tapping the circular icon in the middle of the icon dock at the bottom of the home screen). Then tap "Widgets" on the top of the screen. Then you can swipe until you find the widget you want, long press, and drag to the home screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670