Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TWRP Unable to locate android secure partition

I've had this issue with Nexus 7 rooted stock ROM 4.1.2 and 4.2 using TWRP 2.3.2.1

Earlier I had gotten a TWRP version to save to a USB-OTG but then I had some problems with root and I re-rooted the device.
    Then I got error message trying to use TWRP. I upgraded to 4.2 and problem persisted.
    Running stock ROM 4.2 on rooted Nexus 7.
    So

------------------
    Backup Complete
    Failed
    Backup Folder /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/hash and date
    E:Unable to locate android secure partition
    --------------

Using Ghost Commander, I go to /data but the folder does not open.
    I can go to /sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/hash/hash/date and that folder does open, but it is empty.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: TWRP Unable to locate android secure partition

Googled error message a few weeks ago and didn't find useful help. Should have googled again before posting. Found posts on exact message. One suggestion was to reset settings in TWRP to default. Did so, and backup works.
    Thanked by 2:
    icusipock97 

The same thing happened to me and I reset and backed up without issue. Thanks for posting that!

I cannot make a backup.

Mr! So how did you solve your issue, because I have the same problem. I want to make a totaly nandroid backup but it gives me a fail message like yours.
    How can I clear/reset that file, Wich tool.

I have ofcouse done before with flashing custom rom and others. So where to find file and should I use a virtual terminal? I have nexus7 16GB rooted unlocked twrp. I have also the OTG-usb. I use WUG nexus root toolkit.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by dator professor View Post
    I cannot make a backup.

Mr! So how did you solve your issue, because I have the same problem. I want to make a totaly nandroid backup but it gives me a fail message like yours.
    How can I clear/reset that file, Wich tool.

I have ofcouse done before with flashing custom rom and others. So where to find file and should I use a virtual terminal? I have nexus7 16GB rooted unlocked twrp. I have also the OTG-usb. I use WUG nexus root toolkit.

Thanks in advance!
    When you boot into TWRP there is a tab that says default settings. I hit that tab and then did a backup and it worked fine.

Wink Re: TWRP Unable to locate android secure partition

I just had this same issue I searched Google and couldn't find an answer. Posted for help on XDA then found your post. lol I rest to default and then it backed up like a charm. You saved the day brother. Thank you.