- 1 Posts
Is Google Nexus 7 tablet (JB 4.2) friendly with Miracast?
Bought Google nexus 7 tablet 16gb at the initial launch - Jellybean 4.1 Neat!
Just been upgraded to Jellybean 4.2 Neat!
Clarification: with the additional 'improvements' i.e. the Miracast factor is it a possibility if a HDMI display adapter is plugged into the back of my HD TV?...there might be a connection?
WiFi - Direct mentions peer devices...is there any relevance
Any comments would be appreciated
- 11-17-2012, 11:42 AM #2
- 11-27-2012, 03:11 PM #3
- 1 Posts
Re: Is Google Nexus 7 tablet (JB 4.2) friendly with Miracast?
Oh come on, nexus 7 is not an old device..
It has nVidia tegra 3 multichip which supports Miracast and WiFi Direct from hardware
The only thing missing is the software. Google was a bit too fast to 'introduce Miracast to Android 4.2' because the only device with 4.2 that really supports Miracast for now is nexus 4 (Google Groups look for [email protected] answears).
Other devices working with Miracast are Optimus G and Galaxy S3 (and a Sharp smartphone).
And, right now, it is all making no sense, cause there are no Miracast dongles or TVs yet ont the market.
According to me, there will be many dongles available as well as TVs and Android devices fully compatible with Miracast in near future. We just have to wait. Nexus 7 will get the update eventually as well. It has the hardware, so.. just wait
- By alicklee in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 3Last Post: 06-19-2012, 12:21 AM
- By alicklee in forum General Android Device ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 10-18-2011, 09:28 AM
- By alicklee in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 10-18-2011, 09:28 AM
- By Gameboy70 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 20Last Post: 03-30-2011, 01:08 AM
- By Gameboy70 in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 20Last Post: 03-30-2011, 01:08 AM