- 2 Posts
Internal memory full, but it's not
Hi, I have a 7" "Freelander MID" tablet. It's a chinese Android 4.0.4 device of decent quality.
I can't load any new software or even update Facebook.
From "Settings/Storage, I read that only 13.44MB out of 503MB internal storage are available. Since only 411MB are used by applications, this already seems strange.
If I look at Settings/Apps/All, on the bottom I read that I used 307MB of internal storage and I have 196MB free. This seems to be a more reasonable number, since all my Apps are loaded in USB storage and I suspect some problems at what,if it was Windows, I would call FAT.
Can you recommend some maintenance program that I can use to clean Internal Memory?
- 11-17-2012, 04:40 PM #2
Re: Internal memory full, but it's not
Settings > Apps
Check each app to see how much cache is being used by the app and clear the cache. Go into the web browser and clear the cache there as well.
There are a lot of things in the OS that take up space (like the datadata partition) that don't show up in the reporting a space used.
- By vishal1857 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 12-29-2012, 03:03 AM
- By BigGuyNH in forum Motorola Droid X2Replies: 2Last Post: 01-14-2012, 08:21 PM
- By SBRoss in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2011, 06:09 PM
- By AQuinn19#AC in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 6Last Post: 03-29-2011, 06:03 PM
- By cheechoz818 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 20Last Post: 12-22-2009, 10:13 AM