1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar to Outlook sync problems (a new one ........???!!)

Hello everyone - I hope that I'm not asking an old question here but I cant find any old threads on an issue that has been doing my head in for a couple of days. So, hoping that this isn't a dumb noob post, here goes.....

The problem in short is that events created on my phone will not sync with my locally held Outlook calender. They appear to be being correctly created in the Google calender as evidenced both by the colour coding, and because they are synced with the cloud google calender, but from there are not synced with Outlook. Events directly created in the google calender via a PC are synced and show both in Outlook and on the phone, and events deleted on the phone (where ever they were created) appear to be deleted from Google and Outlook. Events created in Outlook are also synced through to Google and the phone.

Context - I have an HTC One - I'm afraid that i'm new to Android and havent been able to find a reference to the version being run in settings. I have it set to auto sync google, hotmail, facebook the "HTC Account" and some other personal email accounts and other bits and pieces. I don't use hotmail at all although an account exists. The only account that is checked as visible in the calender app is is my google email account (i have unchecked the others because I did find a thread that suggested that this might have been a cause of the problem). I use Google Calender Sync 0.9.4.1to sync my Gmail calender to Outlook 2007.

Has any one got any ideas?
    Last edited by martintyde; 11-18-2012 at 07:36 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Calendar to Outlook sync problems (a new one ........???!!)

From the lack of replies, and the lack of flames telling me to read the bloody manual, I'm guessing peeps are stumped by this?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Calendar to Outlook sync problems (a new one ........???!!)

In case anyone else has this problem in future I appear to have identified the cause and a fix. The issue appears to have lay in HTC's crappy calender application. I found a new Google Calender App (see ) have now replaced the HTC app with this from the Play Store. Having tested sync both ways with this, it appears to solve the problem (until the next one....).

Ensuring that your diary is reliable is hardly a niche use of the products these companies are selling, surely? But - unsurprisingly - both Vodafone (my network provider) and HTC claimed that it was nothing to do with them and left me to dig out a fix for their poorly tested and supported products myself. Come the revolution what sanction should be applied to the bonus taking, tax avoiding moral pygmies that run these companies..... ? Pity you can't run a poll on this forum...