What's the catch with Drop-Box?

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
The offered 50GB of free cloud storage , and I was like Hellz Yeaz! but then they said for the first 2 years and I panicked and skipped the option.

What happens after the first 2 years? Do I have to pay a sum or worse will I lose all that data? I want a good way to automatically upload all my pictures and they don't do skydrive auto-upload in Android I think.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Your on the right track. You will get your 2 years of 50 GB worth free space then nearing the end of your 2 years you will probably receive an email/notification to upgrade to or renew the 50 gb package. If you don't opt in to pay for the 50GB space your data will be lost so you will have to remove whatever your using or I'm assuming it will hit the internet trash can :(

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd imagine you'd revert back to the 2GB that's free. I just do the auto-upload for pics to Google+/Picasa. Of course, I have to pay for storage there as well, but it's so cheap ($30/year for 25GB split between that and Drive) that I don't care.

Then I just use a combination of Drive, SkyDrive, Box, and Dropbox for my other files depending on what they are. But the only storage I pay for is at Google.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You can get more storage anyway by doing simple, free things like following them on twitter. For those that can be bothered of course. :p

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well that's not nice of them. Thanks for the clear answer mod =)
I agree with you. Its a nice sales pitch/perk when marketing a new device. Many people are already using Dropbox in free form so Dropbox and the OEM's have teamed up offering this in hopes that once you load up the 50 GB of storage you will just give in and pay to keep your space. Great idea but to many consumers its another monthly/yearly bill which even at a minimal cost is just something that many don't feel is needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey