GS3 Bluetooth paired but can't send pic over to PC ???

Milos1977

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I hope someone can help. I looked for an answer everywhere, including Samsung tech support and SONY VAIO-PC tech support representatives.

In short.

I can pair easily with any home computer, but transferring a picture from Galaxy S3 to computer via bluetooth always fails. I Checked all the settings. Tried on 3 different machines. Sometimes while pairing, it installs bluetooth drivers for S3, sometimes it does not. If it does, it lets me send file from computer to S3, but not the other way around.

It all works good on iMac OS10.

Same problem is with my friend's HTC EVO we tried on two PC laptops at work. Pairing goes smooth, but no data transfer. The Best we got was once we were able to send a file (picture) to our phones, but sending a file from phone to computer always failed.

Machines we tried:

Sony Vaio F13 #1 Windows 7 pro 64bit. Paired OK - File Transfer fails
Sony Vaio F13 #2 Windows 7 pro 64bit. Paired OK - File Transfer fails
MacBook Pro 17" ( 2011) running bootcamp windows 7 pro 64bit Paired OK - File Transfer fails
iMac 21" (2011) OS10 Paired OK, File Transfer OK.

Obviously its a windows issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Milos1977

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried bluetooth-ing with my wife's old 10" Dell notebook running Windows XP service pack 3.
I was able to pair and send picture from my Galaxy S3 to the little laptop no problems.

So, It must be Windows 7 problem. Gotta hate when old devices work better than new ones :-(

Any input on this issue would be great!!
Thanks.

Milos1977

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would like to make bluetooth happen just because its extremely practical to scroll through photos on the phone, pres the bluetooth icon on top of the one i like, and send it to device i choose. Mainly to my computer.
Funny thing is that my old Samsung (2G) phone worked perfectly fine with my Windows 7 laptop. :)

I'm just surprised that this is pretty much a confirmed bug, and no one is offering official fix or even talking much about it.

cheers

kcamy5335

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Both my Samsung tab and note used to be able to transfer files and pictures to PC. However, juz recently suddenly cannot be done anymore. However, I still able to receive from PC to both my devices. Search through google, no one seem to able to tell me how to solve this. :(

bruce73

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Same exact problem. My win 7 desktop can send files to both my phone and tablet running jelly bean, but neither can send files to the pc.

mamaaustin

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Same issue. When paired on bluetooth, pc (Windows 7) shows all files from phone as empty, though I can see all of them in my gallery on the phone. Can send just fine from pc to phone, but I can only send from phone to pc when connected via USB. FRUSTRATING!!

PeetPriester

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem and I made a change to my settings and suddenly it started to work.

Try this: Windows 7 - go to devices and printers. Scroll down to authorization options and click "alway allow this device to connect for all operations

Still in the same window under view remote device information. Click on view device properties. Clcik the Services tab and make sure all options are selected

Apply -> OK

Close all

Send from S4 tot Pc!

Mine finally after two months of fighting my phone worked!

ziouzi

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Same here..one day just stop.I can't send images to my windows7 laptop via bluetooth from my samsung phone..I never do sth, never change anything just stop. I try to do those but still doesn't work.:'(

ziouzi

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I found what the hell happen. Go to the option of the bluetooth on your computer and find where is sth with share use? allow to others devices found,send pics music and other files...and click it!so easy!

quaquaqua1

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem. the worst thing is i have a smasung phone and laptop. it used to work a few months ago. i'm fed up with being messed aorund with these f******* devices and updates that constantly prevent us from the doing the things that we bought them to do...they can all got to hell....i'm downgrading....saving frustration and money...

Siu Chung Lee

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I got this problem after upgrading to Windows 8.1, the only way I got it to work was to first open the Bluetooth menu in the notifications area icon, then select 'receive a file'. A backwards way to go about it, when it used to be automatic. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084