Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GS3 Bluetooth paired but can't send pic over to PC ???

Hi, I hope someone can help. I looked for an answer everywhere, including Samsung tech support and SONY VAIO-PC tech support representatives.

In short.

I can pair easily with any home computer, but transferring a picture from Galaxy S3 to computer via bluetooth always fails. I Checked all the settings. Tried on 3 different machines. Sometimes while pairing, it installs bluetooth drivers for S3, sometimes it does not. If it does, it lets me send file from computer to S3, but not the other way around.

It all works good on iMac OS10.

Same problem is with my friend's HTC EVO we tried on two PC laptops at work. Pairing goes smooth, but no data transfer. The Best we got was once we were able to send a file (picture) to our phones, but sending a file from phone to computer always failed.

Machines we tried:

Sony Vaio F13 #1 Windows 7 pro 64bit. Paired OK - File Transfer fails
    Sony Vaio F13 #2 Windows 7 pro 64bit. Paired OK - File Transfer fails
    MacBook Pro 17" ( 2011) running bootcamp windows 7 pro 64bit Paired OK - File Transfer fails
    iMac 21" (2011) OS10 Paired OK, File Transfer OK.

Obviously its a windows issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: GS3 Bluetooth paired but can't send pic over to PC ???

I tried bluetooth-ing with my wife's old 10" Dell notebook running Windows XP service pack 3.
    I was able to pair and send picture from my Galaxy S3 to the little laptop no problems.

So, It must be Windows 7 problem. Gotta hate when old devices work better than new ones :-(

Any input on this issue would be great!!
    Thanks.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Did you try removing it from Bluetooth devices on the computer? Then pairing them again?
    icu

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 11/Tinykernel

Not a solution to your bluetooth method, but have you ever tried the awesome AirDroid - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid

As long as you are on the same home network (Wifi) it's easy to send files both ways. I have instant upload to Dropbox (and Google) so that's my easiest way to get photos on your PC.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Did you try removing it from Bluetooth devices on the computer? Then pairing them again?
    yes, many times. I would remove, and re-pair them every time i thought it might help, such as after changing settings. I would reboot both phone and computer as well.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I would like to make bluetooth happen just because its extremely practical to scroll through photos on the phone, pres the bluetooth icon on top of the one i like, and send it to device i choose. Mainly to my computer.
    Funny thing is that my old Samsung (2G) phone worked perfectly fine with my Windows 7 laptop. :-)

I'm just surprised that this is pretty much a confirmed bug, and no one is offering official fix or even talking much about it.

cheers

I have the exact same problem -- did you ever find a solution??

Both my Samsung tab and note used to be able to transfer files and pictures to PC. However, juz recently suddenly cannot be done anymore. However, I still able to receive from PC to both my devices. Search through google, no one seem to able to tell me how to solve this.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Same exact problem. My win 7 desktop can send files to both my phone and tablet running jelly bean, but neither can send files to the pc.

Same issue. When paired on bluetooth, pc (Windows 7) shows all files from phone as empty, though I can see all of them in my gallery on the phone. Can send just fine from pc to phone, but I can only send from phone to pc when connected via USB. FRUSTRATING!!

I have the same problem.

Mine is Galaxy S3 and Windows XP SP3, fail to send picture file from S3 to my WIn Xp Sp3 notebook. Pairing is no problem.

I gave up on trying to transfer via Bluetooth, this is an easy solution and works great

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...transfer&hl=en

[

I have had the same problem and I made a change to my settings and suddenly it started to work.

Try this: Windows 7 - go to devices and printers. Scroll down to authorization options and click "alway allow this device to connect for all operations

Still in the same window under view remote device information. Click on view device properties. Clcik the Services tab and make sure all options are selected

Apply -> OK

Close all

Send from S4 tot Pc!

Mine finally after two months of fighting my phone worked!

Same here..one day just stop.I can't send images to my windows7 laptop via bluetooth from my samsung phone..I never do sth, never change anything just stop. I try to do those but still doesn't work.

I found what the hell happen. Go to the option of the bluetooth on your computer and find where is sth with share use? allow to others devices found,send pics music and other files...and click it!so easy!

found the answer: go to.. https://downloadcenter.intel.com.. find this. Intel PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 7*
    install on computer you will then be able to send pics

i have the same problem. the worst thing is i have a smasung phone and laptop. it used to work a few months ago. i'm fed up with being messed aorund with these f******* devices and updates that constantly prevent us from the doing the things that we bought them to do...they can all got to hell....i'm downgrading....saving frustration and money...

I am still having this problem and do not know how to solve it. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks.

I got this problem after upgrading to Windows 8.1, the only way I got it to work was to first open the Bluetooth menu in the notifications area icon, then select 'receive a file'. A backwards way to go about it, when it used to be automatic.

Hi,

I suffered the same issue when trying to transfer pics from my Galaxy Note 3 to Win 7 64 bit Laptop (HP), after a few hits on the web I found this cure.

Follow this after you successfully pair your Phone and PC (never mind a couple of Bluetooth Driver errors I had the same one but file sharing in either direction works fine):

First of all go to "Devices and Printers" ---> Bluetooth Devices --> Double Click your Phone (This should open the "Blue Tooth Device Control" window).

Scroll down to "Authorisation" Options--> Check "Always allow this device to connect for all operations"
    Click "Apply"
    You can close this window now.

Now on your Windows 7 Task Bar's Notification Area (Bottom Right Corner of your Screen) you should usually see Bluetooth Icon
    (Note: If you don't see this Bluetooth icon in notification area you can go to Control Panel and search "Bluetooth" and you will find link "Change Bluetooth Settings")
    Right Click on the "Bluetooth" icon in your notification area of Windows Taskbar--> select "Open Setting"-->"Bluetooth Settings" window should pop up-->Make sure on the "Options" tab: All items are checked except "Turn off Bluetooth adapter" this must be unchecked otherwise your Bluetooth adapter will switch off.
    Now, in the same window go to "Share" tab--> Check the box "Allow remote device to browse, send and receive pictures, music, and other files".
    Click OK to close this window

That's it try sending file from either your phone or pc it should work.

Note: Please select a folder in the above dialogue box to where you want the files (other than pictures, music or videos) to land on your PC. For some reason (we can all thank windows 7 for that annoying behaviour again...) the pictures from your mobile will land in "Pictures" folder in your documents library on your pc, similarly music and video files will land in the respective library folders on windows 7.

Regards
    Banned

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icu View Post
    I have instant upload to Dropbox (and Google) so that's my easiest way to get photos on your PC.
    +1

And vice versa.

And when mobile it's the easiest and cheapest way to send public links to those photos to whoever you like instead of sending them the entire photo files. Saves a lot of data on your monthly dataplan.

Thanks for putting together the list, it didn't resolve my problem. Here is what I did which fixed my problems. Make your settings look like mine:

GS3 Bluetooth paired but can't send pic over to PC ???-capture.jpg

GS3 Bluetooth paired but can't send pic over to PC ???-capture.jpg

I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy S4 and microsoft surface tablet that runs windows 8.1 RT version. Were any solutions found?

Ha ha FIXED IT ! Had the same problem. Fix: Make sure all the normal B tooth configs are done. Make sure that the devices are paired and that you can SEND from PC to phone. Now go to bottom right of task bar, click "Show hidden Icons" Right click the Blue th Icon. A menu will appear. On my machine "allow a device to connect" is greyed out, so THAT was why I could send only. However "Receive a file" IS available, so click it, send the file from your phone y ya esta ! First attempt it half worked, but then it worked properly and has ever since.
    So is this a bug ? We have the annoying Win 8 app to set B tooth configs and we have c panel to set up BT configs. Both were fine. So why is "allow device to connect" not available ? Why is "receive file" so well hidden. Why does windows not know about this ? The answer I guess is Microsoft.... and the confusion over weather 8.1 is a phone or pc os - Thanks guys Oh and if anyone can sort out the "allow to connect" availability please post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast