Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Suggest a phone - GSM

I've been wanting to jump ship from Virgin Mobile for a while now and I wanted opinions on phones. I want to stay prepaid and have unlimited texting and at least a gigabyte of data, so I decided that T-Mobile's $30 plan is the right way to go.
    That being said, I'm on a budget and don't want to spend more than $200 on the phone. I don't mind buying used either. I would like the phone to fall into these specifications, if possible.

A screen size of 4" to 4.3"
    Support (unofficial or official) for CM9 or CM10
    And a screen resolution of at least 480 x 800

I thought I had found what I wanted in an unlocked Samsung Captivate, but apparently I would only be able to use 3G if T-Mobile has converted their 2G radio towers in my area, and I have no idea if they've even started doing that around here.
    For now the only phone I know of that falls into these restrictions is the Nexus S. Anybody know of any others?

Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Suggest a phone - GSM

Quote Originally Posted by RavinX View Post
    I've been wanting to jump ship from Virgin Mobile for a while now and I wanted opinions on phones. I want to stay prepaid and have unlimited texting and at least a gigabyte of data, so I decided that T-Mobile's $30 plan is the right way to go.
    That being said, I'm on a budget and don't want to spend more than $200 on the phone. I don't mind buying used either. I would like the phone to fall into these specifications, if possible.

A screen size of 4" to 4.3"
    Support (unofficial or official) for CM9 or CM10
    And a screen resolution of at least 480 x 800

I thought I had found what I wanted in an unlocked Samsung Captivate, but apparently I would only be able to use 3G if T-Mobile has converted their 2G radio towers in my area, and I have no idea if they've even started doing that around here.
    For now the only phone I know of that falls into these restrictions is the Nexus S. Anybody know of any others?

Thanks
    If you can go a bit bigger on the screen size, the gnex could be the thing for you

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply, but the GNex is a little out of my price range. And after trying out some floor models of phones at the AT&T store, I found that anything above 4.3" is pushing it for me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The Galaxy Nexus can be bought between $200-$250 on ebay. If you can swing that extra $50 that's the way to go. Plus you'll have official JB and plenty ROM support.