Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: delete instant upload photos

Fantastic,
    It is a gift thank you.
    So I have a galaxy tablet and tried the same move on that, it deletes it........... Then a few seconds later it pops back into the gallery.
    It is syncing again from somewhere. Any ideas.

Thank you so much! i deleted all the photos that instantly upload in my phone...big thanks!

I just deleted my account and all my photos disappeared from my phone... didn't think it was that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by gold56 View Post
    I just deleted my account and all my photos disappeared from my phone... didn't think it was that simple.
    How did you do this?

How come when I delete a picture from my gallery it is also removed from my google+ account too?

Quote Originally Posted by Erjon Prifti View Post
    OK I FOUND THE ANSWER !!!!!!!

in order to delete the photo from Instant Gallery on your Galaxy S3, you have to do it through Picasa Web Google albums!!!! Sign in to Picasa web then select your album, delete it, and refresh your albums in your galaxy s3 and the photo is gone!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

OK I FOUND THE ANSWER !!!!!!!

in order to delete the photo from Instant Gallery on your Galaxy S3, you have to do it through Picasa Web Google albums!!!! Sign in to Picasa web then select your album, delete it, and refresh your albums in your galaxy s3 and the photo is gone!!!!!!!!
    I have an galaxy sii iv delete photos I dont want in picasa albums online using picasa tool on my phone and they are gone from the online album however they are still visible in my phone album instant upload...how can I delete them from this album in my phone..it doesnt appear to give me a delete option. Please help!!!!! many thanks

Thank you this is the only instructions that I found that actually worked!!!! You rock!

Thank you so much to all of you. This is such a difficult problem to solve. I can't believe they made it so difficult

I've done all this and it deleted from my account but not my gallery! I don't understand it! It shouldn't be possible to not have the ability to delete my own pictures ya know. It's frustrating. Idk what else to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I've done all this and it deleted from my account but not my gallery! I don't understand it! It shouldn't be possible to not have the ability to delete my own pictures ya know. It's frustrating. Idk what else to do.

**What you need to do is go to your Gmail on the web browser in desktop mode. Click on the tab that says "more", then click on the tab that says "drive." Make sure you're still in desktop mode on the "Welcome to Google Drive" screen. On that screen you're going to want to select the "more" tab again and a drop down selection box appears and you want to select the "photos" option. Once in there, you should be able to delete single photos or entire albums from instant upload. Once deleted here, they no longer appear on your device. I just did it, and t worked like a charm.**

After you have deleted the photos, go to settings, application manager, scroll right to 'ALL' and then scroll down to Gallery and click CLEAR DATA. Now open your Gallery and see if the pics or album is listed. It should be gone.

**some of this text was copied from another thread from a different website, credit goes to that person for finding a solution, I just wanted to make sure a solution was posted**

Thumbs up Re: delete instant upload photos

Thank you very much, helped me alot.

I have the galaxy s 3 mini and also had this trouble i deleted off the web and nothing seemed to work i tried going thrpugh my files and in the end i had to go into my gallery onto settings and not just unsync my gmail account i had to remove it completely then go off all of that and back onto gmail to completely log in again and after that hey presto no more instant uploads hope someone finds this helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by majdimhd View Post
    I saw the pictures in my device gallary and i tried delet it but i can't
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by majdimhd View Post
    I saw the pictures in my device gallary and i tried delet it but i can't

i got to picasa web but not all of the photo albums are showing how do i get them all to show up so i can delete them

I can't figure out how to get them off of my s3 from picasa web. I've already deleted the photos so the albums are empty but, they won't go away...

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    yes, pics can be deleted from here https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/instantupload and can be done only using web.
    you have 5 gb high quality storage and after that it will down sized read this Upload your photos - Google+ Help

to delete completely from cloud go here https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/instantupload and can be done only from web.

if you just dont want to see in your phone disable sync for photo's
    Thank you very much!!!

How do I delete photo's. I went to google plus but it will not let me delete.

Welcome to Android Central! Which photos are you trying to delete--local photos or ones in your Google+ cloud albums?

If they're in the cloud, using the Google+ Photos app, just select the photo, and press the menu button (the 3 vertical dot icon at the upper right) and select Delete. If you're in the album overview, you can simply long-press a photo, after which you'll see a big check mark on it. You can then multi-select a bunch of photos, and then tap the garbage can icon at the upper right to delete.

I remove photos from google plus but now they will not come off my photo gallery on my phone. Any suggestions?

When you removed the photos from Google+, did you do it on your phone or on your computer?

And when you say the photos won't come off your photo gallery, do you mean the stock Gallery app (as opposed to the Google Photos app, whose icon looks like a pinwheel)? If you're trying to get rid of them from the stock Gallery app, it may be that the thumbnails of those deleted cloud photos are still in the Gallery database. The first thing to try is to try forcing a manual sync of your data. Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and turn Sync off and then on again.

If that doesn't work, you may have to go to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, and tap Clear Data. This won't erase any of your actual photos--only the app's database. When you restart Gallery, it will repopulate its database with photos on your phone and from your Google+ Albums. Your deleted photos shouldn't reappear.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123