Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I sync my old Windows Phone Contacts over to a new Droid phone?

I'm just about to take the plunge and move over to a Droid device and wanted to know if there is a process that I can move my contacts from my Windows Phone7.5 device over to a new Android phone. I'm looking at moving from an HTC Arrive up to a Note2. I know my contacts and such are on my Windows Skydrive and I also know that there is a Skydrive app for Android but I don't know if there's a way to allow it to sync over like it does on my WP.

Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can I sync my old Windows Phone Contacts over to a new Droid phone?

Any idea where I can look to find this out? Any other Guru sites out there? I'm still less than a noob at Android so I really don't have any resources to search from other than this site as I'm coming over from WPCentral.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

minor update.

OK, been playing with my wife and sons's Tablet and found a Windows Live app that gives me access to my contacts but nothing on actually being able to download or sync the contacts. The Skydrive and Browser for Skydrive app didn't get me into the contacts area.

Still working. If I figure it out before someone else comes in with the answer, I'll post it here.

If you're planning on sticking with Android, then it might work best for you to sync your Windows Phone contacts to Outlook on your PC, then export those contacts to Google Contacts (assuming you have a Gmail account), and then sync your Droid with your Google account.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

OK. I'll look at doing that also. Unfortunately, with the latest updates to Windows, Outlook is now a very expensive add on and isn't included with Office any longer. They've separated it as a stand alone program suite now. I do still use Windows Live mail and will look at the possibility of exporting to Gmail with that. If it's possible.

Thanks for that advice. I greatly appreciate it. It gives me another avenue I hadn't known about before.

I'll keep you posted.

I also would like to know how to do this as I have this same issue. Bought a lumia 920 returned it and got the Xperia TL (unbelievable phone by the way) but i have no idea how to get my contacts over to the android phone from the lumia.