noob question: Moving a ringtone mp3, can not write.
Hi, new to android. Trying to copy a ringtone mp3 into /system/media/audio/notifications, using Astro File Manager.
Fails to copy, seems like I do not have permissions to write.
What am I missing here, do I need to Root to do this?
When I moved the file down from Dropbox, I copied it to /storage/sdcard0/Ringtones. This is strange, since I dont have an SDcard on this phone (Droid DNA). I could write to this location, but couldnt see the mp3 thru the Sounds tab in preferences.
- 11-23-2012, 12:37 AM #2
- 11-23-2012, 04:54 AM #4
- 11-23-2012, 04:24 PM #6
- By Soundtrack to Chaos in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 36Last Post: 02-22-2014, 02:44 PM
- By surebuttercringe in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2012, 12:00 PM
- By LBTRS in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2011, 04:09 PM
- By lekvermont in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 4Last Post: 07-30-2011, 05:15 PM
- By Doc in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2011, 04:00 PM