Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By elvisgp
  • 1 Post By Phil Nickinson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wrote something dumb on my Android blog

So I wrote this opinion piece on a new phone really digging into the fact that it lacks a certain feature, but hackers made the feature available for a few places, something I said was impossible.
    This made me look like a buffoon. Should I go back and edit the article so as to make me look not as bad? Or will people notice? People don't keep copies of anything in the internet, do they?

I was thinking of acknowledging I made a mistake on an update to the article, but that would make me wrong, which in no circumstances should happen. I mean that's what being professional is all about, right? Never being wrong?

ROM
    Mirage

Default Re: Wrote something dumb on my Android blog

Just put the update saying you were wrong. I see it on Lifehacker all the time. :P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What, but then I'd be wrong about something. What kind of tech journalist would I be if people knew I didn't know everything there is to know about LTE hacking.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

But you are wrong. Lol. You have the wrong idea of being professional. You don't always have to be right. It is impossible to be perfect. Part about being professional is that you are mature enough to admit you are wrong in certain circumstances. Just submit the edit saying you are wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    jroc 
    jroc and B. Diddy like this.

Besides, a lot of people would rather not hack their phones in order to get a function to work. It might be safe most of the time, but for some people, hacking might brick the phone, and then you'll feel bad about encouraging people to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Gaiarsa View Post
    What, but then I'd be wrong about something. What kind of tech journalist would I be if people knew I didn't know everything there is to know about LTE hacking.
    A credible one? Hey, no one is perfect. Put an update as suggested earlier and move on.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

okay thanks guys.

Hmmmm...

Call me cynical but I don't think you wrote anything and are just having a dig at a certain couple of posts written on this site recently

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Manning the AC Euro office since 2011

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

First rule of Tech Blogging.... Often Wrong... Never in doubt!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,974 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Gaiarsa View Post
    So I wrote this opinion piece on a new phone really digging into the fact that it lacks a certain feature, but hackers made the feature available for a few places, something I said was impossible.
    This made me look like a buffoon. Should I go back and edit the article so as to make me look not as bad? Or will people notice? People don't keep copies of anything in the internet, do they?

I was thinking of acknowledging I made a mistake on an update to the article, but that would make me wrong, which in no circumstances should happen. I mean that's what being professional is all about, right? Never being wrong?
    Hey, troll. Read this. And stay classy.
    mamawM likes this.