Problem with paste function
I just got my first Android (Galaxy S3 with ICS), and I am having a problem with the copy/paste function.
I can copy ok, but when I paste from the clipboard, the data comes through with no formatting.
I go from a neat bunch of sentances that are all shoved together and I have to manually go in and enter new line breaks to make it readable.
So if I copy a list from an emial and paste it into a notepad, I get one lng line instead of several lines.
Anyone know if there is a way for it to stop loosing the formatting in the paste?
- 11-24-2012, 05:19 PM #2
- 149 Posts
Re: Problem with paste function
I have a Droid 4 and that doesn't happen to me. The formatting should be copied as well, similar to a computer when you select a multiple lines, it selects the spaces to the right that moves the text to the next line. Try selecting one part of the list, then when you get the start and end cursors, instead of just dragging them, use the "Select All" button that should be next to the copy button. This should include all formatting.
If that doesn't work, I would ask the mods to move this to the S3 forums, so you can get a more specific answer.
- By asmallchild in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 46Last Post: 08-01-2013, 02:03 AM
- By Anubis in forum HTC HeroReplies: 8Last Post: 07-10-2013, 05:25 PM
- By piper09 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 11Last Post: 06-26-2013, 11:02 AM
- By notyrmma in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 9Last Post: 09-25-2011, 02:38 PM
- By sonali in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 2Last Post: 06-20-2009, 11:39 AM