Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do I need to use water with these screen protectors?

I bought these screen protectors and they come with no directions.
    3x Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769 (T-Mobile) Premium Invisible Clear LCD Screen Protector Kit (3 Piece Kit)
    Amazon.com: 3x Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769 (T-Mobile) Premium Invisible Clear LCD Screen Protector Kit (3 Piece Kit): Cell Phones & Accessories

Basically the screen protector has two peices of plastic that you must peel away before applying. The reviews were mixed and I think they depended on the way you apply the screen protector.

So my question is do I need to use water when applying them, or can I apply these dry?

Default Re: Do I need to use water with these screen protectors?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

If it is a shield that adheres by static, and it looks like it is, a little water won't hurt to help it cling.

Also, this was posted in one of the reviews of your screen protector:

"Instructions: The package didn't come with any instructions but it was intuitive because each protector had two tabs numbered [1] and [2]. These basically were attached to a very thin adhesive film (yes a protector for the screen protector) one on each side. I guessed (correctly as it turned out to be) that you need to peel film tab [1], place the protector on the phone, make sure it was installed properly, and then peel off film tab [2] as the last step.

Installation: First, I made sure the phone's glass was clean of smudges, dust, or lint. I peeled of the protective layer numbered [1] and lined-up the bottom edge of the protector (adhesive side down) with the bottom part of the phone's screen. Then I just let the screen protector fall gently on the phone. Except for 2 or 3 button-sized air bubbles, the protector glued itself nicely to the screen without applying any pressure. Next, using the felt/microfiber cloth that was included in the package, I wiped the screen with gentle pressure to push the air bubbles to the edges and off the screen. I had to use my fingernail to push a couple of small stubborn bubbles close to the edge of the protector. Last, I peeled off film tab [2] from the top and wiped the protector again to remove smudges."