1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do I need to use water with these screen protectors?

I bought these screen protectors and they come with no directions.
    3x Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769 (T-Mobile) Premium Invisible Clear LCD Screen Protector Kit (3 Piece Kit)
    Amazon.com: 3x Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G SGH-T769 (T-Mobile) Premium Invisible Clear LCD Screen Protector Kit (3 Piece Kit): Cell Phones & Accessories

Basically the screen protector has two peices of plastic that you must peel away before applying. The reviews were mixed and I think they depended on the way you apply the screen protector.

So my question is do I need to use water when applying them, or can I apply these dry?

Default Re: Do I need to use water with these screen protectors?

Try these instructions:

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

If it is a shield that adheres by static, and it looks like it is, a little water won't hurt to help it cling.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Also, this was posted in one of the reviews of your screen protector:

"Instructions: The package didn't come with any instructions but it was intuitive because each protector had two tabs numbered [1] and [2]. These basically were attached to a very thin adhesive film (yes a protector for the screen protector) one on each side. I guessed (correctly as it turned out to be) that you need to peel film tab [1], place the protector on the phone, make sure it was installed properly, and then peel off film tab [2] as the last step.

Installation: First, I made sure the phone's glass was clean of smudges, dust, or lint. I peeled of the protective layer numbered [1] and lined-up the bottom edge of the protector (adhesive side down) with the bottom part of the phone's screen. Then I just let the screen protector fall gently on the phone. Except for 2 or 3 button-sized air bubbles, the protector glued itself nicely to the screen without applying any pressure. Next, using the felt/microfiber cloth that was included in the package, I wiped the screen with gentle pressure to push the air bubbles to the edges and off the screen. I had to use my fingernail to push a couple of small stubborn bubbles close to the edge of the protector. Last, I peeled off film tab [2] from the top and wiped the protector again to remove smudges."