- 1 Posts
Samsung Galaxy Captivate Black Screen
I dropped my phone for the first time ever today, and there are cracks under the screen, and no picture whatsoever. Sounds and buttons still work, and I can turn the phone on and off, but the display remains utterly blank. I've pretty much written the phone off, there's probably nothing I can do for it. However, I would love to recover my pictures, contacts, and music from the phone. Is there any way I can do this without being able to see the phone display?
- 11-24-2012, 09:16 PM #2
- 2,570 Posts
Re: Samsung Galaxy Captivate Black Screen
Was your phone synced with your Google account? If so, then you should have all of your contacts on Google.
You can also connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and explore your phone using the computer's Windows Explorer (hopefully you won't be required to select a connection mode on your phone's screen when it's first connected). Look for a directory called /mnt/sdcard/DCIM, which is the default storage directory for pictures taken with your phone's camera. The music is presumably on some directory labeled "Music" somewhere, but it may vary depending on the phone. As long as it isn't music you bought and downloaded using something like Verizon's music store (which would then presumably be copy protected), you should be able to drag and drop the files to your computer.
If all else fails, take it in to your wireless company's store and ask the tech people if they can extract the information for you. It typically costs some money, though.
- By orchidtoo in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 04-23-2013, 09:25 AM
- By mobiletechjunkie in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2012, 01:36 PM
- By paul.stafford in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
- By kentuckylodge in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 12-17-2011, 12:25 AM
- By NOsquid in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 10Last Post: 09-28-2010, 09:54 PM