- 207 Posts
Should you login to apps with Facebook?
Do you Login with Facebook to third-party websites and apps? Why or why not?
I feel like you'd give up a lot of privacy by doing so. Yet you can't comment at a site or use certain apps without setting up a separate account, which would result in remembering countless passwords. Most sites and apps now offer the option to use Facebook (so something similar like Twitter). Using Facebook to login is obviously very convenient, but is doing so prudent?
Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- 11-25-2012, 10:16 AM #2
Re: Should you login to apps with Facebook?
I don't for two reasons.
1) I don't have a Facebook account
2) yes it would be a possible privacy issue.
Using any of the "Common Login" account options give that login provider information about what you are doing and where you are on the web. If you're cool with that then go with it. If you don't want Facebook, Twitter, Google or others to know, then create a separate account.
Without getting all "Tin Foil Hat" crazy about it, the truth is that most of the time it's pretty benign information being tracked. so, as with most security/privacy issues, your best defense is your own judgement. Is the site something you want to link with Facebook? Do you care if it is? If not then go ahead. If it's something you would not want published on the front page of the New Your Times, then don't.
Hope this helps.Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
- By runningman3433 in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 9Last Post: 11-22-2012, 02:02 PM
- By Prof-KOS in forum Android App InventorReplies: 5Last Post: 08-20-2010, 05:52 PM
- By rj5620 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 06-05-2010, 10:52 AM
- By Lancer033 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
- By EastBay in forum Android AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-18-2009, 12:24 PM