Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone not downloading iPhone MMS messages or sending pictures

This is my first forum post, so I apologize if I am doing this incorrectly.

I own a T-Mobile Comet and have been able to download the iPhone MMS messages and send pictures before. I have owned this phone for roughly a year, and starting a couple weeks ago I have been unable to receive the MMS messages or send my pictures, I use Handcent. What happens when I get the message- It says Subject:no subject 1 KB and has a download button, after I press it all that happens is it says "Downloading" for hours on end and never actually does. When I send pictures the send spiral just spins endlessly and it doesn't send. My mobile data is on, my WiFi is off and I'm not sure what else I need to do.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm more than happy to provide additional information as it is needed. Thank you for your time and help, have a great day!

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Phone not downloading iPhone MMS messages or sending pictures

Open the stock messaging app and see if the image is loaded. Also, try uninstalling Handcent and re-install it. If you received mms before there should be no reason for it not be received now unless there's a network problem or something in settings was changed.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Just tried it, and it worked! My stock messaging app would download/send everything and then it would end up popping up in Handcent right after. So I reinstalled Handcent, and everything is working great. Thanks so much, I appreciate it

Good question! Although T-Mobile cannot guarantee functionality of non T-Mobile phones, your MMS should work if you have a data plan (usually, you will need a Wi-Fi calling feature for MMS to work over Wi-Fi). You will need to input T-Mobile's data and mms network settings. If this doesn't fix it, you may want to check out some of the threads that are specific specific to the iOS. There are a variety of fixes, depending on how the phone is unlocked and the iOS.

Let me know if this helps!

i have the SAME problem with my samsung g3....i use go sms...ive tried even through regular stock messaging and still has issues! ugh! HELP
    j~lyn
    GO COWBOYS!!!