How do i change the song-order of a playlist?

Cooper Schwartz

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I am rather new to android. I have the Samsung Galaxy Note II (AT&T), and i have not rooted it or put any custom ROMs or whatever onto it. i have been using the music player app that came with the device. (not the google play one that looks like headphones, the app that i use is a blue and white circle with a blue play symbol in the middle and a green musical note on the right side. just for reference) i just added a playlist, expecting the songs to be in the order that they were when i made the playlist in Kies. however, they were actually in alphabetical order and had numbers next to them (01, for example). i would like to be able to change the order somehow, or sync it so that the songs appear in the order they are in on kies. please give me any tips that you know.

Thanks!

Mmikeyy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
No reply to this post since last year? WTF?

I have the same phone. Love it. But... how could they make it so frustrating to order songs in a playlist? Is it possible at all?

bravolancer

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
What I did was I dropped the songs in my playlist and then I added them back in one at a time in the order I wanted them played. I went to the playlist, tapped the minus key to the right of each song. Then I went to the Edit menu, and reselected my songs in the order that I wanted them played. This should be easier, though. My playlist is only three songs.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
All I can recommend is using a different music player. Google Play Music can play your local files as well and allows you to reorder your playlists with no issue.

Toodles123

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
The only way I see of doing it is putting letters infront of the song names, so the system automatically orders them. If in a playlist there are no more letters to go with, start entering double, triple combinations if you catch the logic.. For eg. there is a song with a letter "a" and a song with a letter "b", if you want to add another one inbetween them, you have to put an "ab" infront of the desired song's name.. It's kinda lame to have to rename every one in your playlists, but that is the only way I have found effective.

Hope that helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463