Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default battery issues

Hi I had my phone for about a month and it worked fine, but recently it seems to have started rapidly losing battery. I've attached a screen shot to show what I mean. Any suggestions on why and how to stop it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails battery issues-screenshot_2012-11-28-16-21-33.png  

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: battery issues

At first look, it seems like your biggest drops are occurring in low/no signal areas. You didn't mention what phone/carrier you are using, so I'll make an assumption it's an LTE device and the low signal area drops are the LTE radio frantically searching for a signal.

Also look at your app battery usage. It could also be a new app that's causing the drain.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Default Re: battery issues

There are so many possible explanations. One recent issue is Amazon Appstore, which apparently had a bug causing significant battery drain. If you haven't updated it recently, make sure you do so. It doesn't always update correctly from the Appstore's Settings menu, so it'd probably be easiest just to go to Install Amazon Appstore on your phone's browser, download the apk, and open it to start the install.