playing music on car stereo using data cable

FOS_THE_BOSS757

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have a droid razr maxx and have been trying to play musin on my car stereo pioneer deh-p4200ub using a data cable due to the fact that i don't have the bluetooth adapter for my head unit yet. everytime i connect to stereo i get "error 19" displayed on head unit. I've tried using mass storage and mtp to reconize sd card in phone. i found that if ihave the music stored on internal memory of phone it will work but i have 14gb of music on sd card that wont fit on internal storage. is there any setting i can change for this to be compatable?
thanks in advance.

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Does your car stereo have a aux in plug, looks like a headphone jack? You can get a cable that looks like a headphones jack on both ends. I have a cable from some old computer speakers, but seen some of the jack cables by the register at Walmart. They also have the radio transmitters that plug into your headphone jack and tune into your radio.

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?

FOS_THE_BOSS757

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does but the sound quality is much better through usb, also noticed last night that my ps3 saw the phone and sd card but shows it has no files on either, its possible because i synced it though itunes that the ps3 wont see it but the stereo should because i have an ipod connected though usb still going to try a couple other things