- 10 Posts
Ringtones showing in the Play Music App
I am running ICS 4.0.4 on a Samsung GS3 on the Verizon USA network.
The issue: I downloaded a ringtone and now it is showing up with all my mp3's (500 or so) in the Play Music App.
What I need help with: I do not want the ring tone to show up in the Play Music App but I want to keep the ringtone because I use it to identify when my girlfriend calls.
What I don't want to happen: I do not want the ringtone deleted because I still need it to function as a ringtone for one of my contacts.
Help. I need a simple way to resolve this issue. Thanks.
- 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM #2a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
- 11-29-2012, 07:35 PM #3
Re: Ringtones showing in the Play Music App
If they are already in a seperate folder from your other music, put a .nomedia file in the directory and the music player will pass it over.
To create a .nomedia file, open a blank text file in notepad and then save it as .nomedia with no .txt on the end.Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
- By cordoni in forum EntertainmentReplies: 7Last Post: 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM
- By David Scherrep in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM
- By NHBass39 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2012, 01:36 AM
- By bassthumpa in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2012, 09:57 AM
- By mwkelly49 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2012, 09:22 AM