- 12 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Ringtones showing in the Play Music App
I am running ICS 4.0.4 on a Samsung GS3 on the Verizon USA network.
The issue: I downloaded a ringtone and now it is showing up with all my mp3's (500 or so) in the Play Music App.
What I need help with: I do not want the ring tone to show up in the Play Music App but I want to keep the ringtone because I use it to identify when my girlfriend calls.
What I don't want to happen: I do not want the ringtone deleted because I still need it to function as a ringtone for one of my contacts.
Help. I need a simple way to resolve this issue. Thanks.
- 11-29-2012, 04:40 PM #2
- 11-29-2012, 08:35 PM #3
Re: Ringtones showing in the Play Music App
If they are already in a seperate folder from your other music, put a .nomedia file in the directory and the music player will pass it over.
To create a .nomedia file, open a blank text file in notepad and then save it as .nomedia with no .txt on the end.
- By cordoni in forum EntertainmentReplies: 7Last Post: 01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
- By David Scherrep in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 11-29-2012, 05:13 PM
- By NHBass39 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2012, 02:36 AM
- By bassthumpa in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2012, 10:57 AM
- By mwkelly49 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2012, 10:22 AM