- 4 Posts
I currently own a Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet. I have been using it to run netflix to my television via the HDMI cable. (Also Turning off the Tablet screen). I also have the unit plugged into the charger.
Usually about 1 hour (or less) into a movie the HDMI cuts out. I believe the tablet is overheating.
Does anyone know of a cooling pad or anything made for tablets? (The Laptop ones are all too big).
Or any other ideas as to why it would just stop outputting the HDMI signal? (I looked through the settings and I didn't see any off Timer)
- 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM #2
Re: Overheating Tablet
Try tilting the tablet so it's not laying flat. This will allow a lot more air to circulate around it and help with cooling. If that's not enough, perhaps something like this might help.
Amazon.com: Small Fan & Mini-Air Conditioner: The Original Handy Cooler in Blue. Portable and convenient. Runs on batteries or USB. Cools air up to 30F.: Electronics
I've never used one, but it looks like it might be handy for something like this.
- By somanyphones in forum Misc. Android TabletsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-13-2011, 01:54 PM
- By z0phi3l in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 9Last Post: 12-06-2010, 12:20 PM
- By somanyphones in forum Misc. Android PhonesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-09-2010, 02:12 PM
- By PortareAF in forum Misc. Android TabletsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-29-2010, 05:06 PM
- By imtravis in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 13Last Post: 01-29-2010, 07:28 AM