Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: How to stop the reply all feature in text messaging

Your opinion matters, to you. That does not raise it to the level of interest for everyone. For some of us it is mere chaff.

Short answer - you can't directly. If you reply to a group text, it goes to everyone. If you only want to answer one person, just text them.
    FUDDLEYP JONES likes this.

Thank you.

All you have to do is exit the original group message, and create your own original message to the original sender.

Better yet, my Verizon Message+ client has an option "Recipients reply to: Just Me / Group". If the original sender only used this option the problem would not exist. However, I have no idea if this option is available for iPhones or outside Verizon.

IMHO, this whole issue could be resolved with (a) a little education on the part of the users. Most of them don't notice that it's a group message when they reply. OR (b) if the programmers would provide Reply/Reply All buttons so it would be obvious which you were doing.

I can't speak to Droid4, but Verizon's Message+ client DOES have an option for "Recipients reply to: Just me / Group".

You must not be paying attention. EVERYONE I know hates the invasion of privacy provided by group texts. It's like that old adage, "The silent majority isn't silent. THE GOVERNMENT IS JUST DEAF!", only in this case, it's the maniacal moguls behind the developers who really don't care what we think.
    FUDDLEYP JONES likes this.

If I can't turn off this "feature", I can guarantee you my next phone will be made by APPLE.

The catch here is probably related to your texting app.

I am using Textra. It lets me choose between replies going to the group and replies going only to me.

Quote Originally Posted by madiger View Post
    People send texts to more than one person - that's why this "feature" was created.

It should be assumed that not everyone in my phone knows each other, but at times will receive the same text message from me. The need to respond to a text without fear of revealing your thoughts and phone number to complete strangers should also be an assumption.
    The poster has a legitimate issue and this is a crap response! While it's true that one should not text what one does not want to become public, I HATE getting everyone's response to a group text.

Politely ask to not be included. This is what happens when using MMS for group chatting.
    What other devices have I had? Here's my [URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-central-lounge/181203-post-your-phone-timeline.html#post1861526"]phone timeline[/URL].
    [B]Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads![/B]

[url=http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html][B]Community Rules & Guidelines[/B] - Mobile Nations Forums[/url]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12