View Poll Results: Which phone would you get based on the below Pros & Cons?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Droid X

3 23.08%
  • Droid Incredible

3 23.08%
  • HTC Evo 4G

3 23.08%
  • Galaxy S (Fascinate/Epic4G/Vibrant/Captivate)

4 30.77%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Help, what phone should I get?

So I finally got out of my T-Mobile contract and will be switching to another provider, probably either Verizon or Sprint.

I really can't decide what phone/service to go with, and was hoping a poll might help me make a decision.

Please let me know what you think about each of the listed options.

Droid X
    • Pros: Huge, Fast, On Verizon
    • Cons: Locked bootloader may prevent custom ROMs on it, but this may be circumvented at some point

Droid Inc
    • Pros: Fast, on Verizon, Custom ROMs
    • Cons: Smaller screen

Evo 4G
    • Pros: Huge, Fast, Custom ROMs
    • Cons: Not on Verizon, Battery life

Galaxy S (Fascinate/Epic4G/Vibrant/Captivate)
    • Pros: Pretty Big, Any network, Beautiful "Super AMOLED" display, Best graphics, Custom Roms
    • Cons: Not as big as X or Evo
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Default Re: Help, what phone should I get?

Go for the Evo or the Captivate.
    Both great phones, and as the AC article shows, the Captivate runs great.

- Jorge

Default Re: Help, what phone should I get?

You need to consider two things first. One, which network gets better reception and two, how much you want to spend. Sprint is cheaper. Out of phones I'd get the Evo or X. Not a fan off Samsung from past experiences with them.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    You need to consider two things first. One, which network gets better reception and two, how much you want to spend. Sprint is cheaper. Out of phones I'd get the Evo or X. Not a fan off Samsung from past experiences with them.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g
    Yea, fortunately, my wife get's a corporate discount at Verizon, making it about the same as Sprint. Actually, I think with the $10 4G fee on Sprint, it'd be a little more than Verizon.

I also would prefer having Verizon's vast 3G network over Sprints smaller network, despite it's 4G.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Sprint has cheaper plans and the EVO is awesome,that said I'd ck. both services,prices, coverages and ph's.offerings and go from there.The Droidx & Incredible are great also.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggieMJ View Post
    Yea, fortunately, my wife get's a corporate discount at Verizon, making it about the same as Sprint. Actually, I think with the $10 4G fee on Sprint, it'd be a little more than Verizon.

I also would prefer having Verizon's vast 3G network over Sprints smaller network, despite it's 4G.
    If you still really want to be guided by the opinions of strangers with unknown expertise, here are my thoughts: Samsung doesn't move me, so I'd skip the Galaxy. Since you're asking for advice, I'm assuming custom ROMs and that sort of thing aren't in your game plan (If they were, that would make the Droid X a less than ideal choice). And to me the Incredible is clearly inferior in most every way to the Droid X, so the Droid X is the "duh" no-brainer choice among the Verizon options you listed.

This makes it a choice between Sprint/EVO and Verizon/Droid X.

I'd consider the EVO and Sprint a good rival to the Droid X (I own an EVO myself and have been on Sprint for over ten years), but based on the quote I listed above, you've chosen Verizon over Sprint.

So it sounds to me like the Droid X and Verizon is your choice by elimination (and it should be an excellent phone). Just make sure you have good Verizon 3G signal.
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    You need to consider two things first. One, which network gets better reception
    ^ Always consider this first, based on real world coverage -- not coverage maps.

Which phone, X, Inc, or D1 gets better rural coverage? Better in sunlight? Can take a slight beating better?