How do I sync my gmail contacts?

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
This seems like a really stupid question, but I can't figure out how to sync only my gmail contacts on my Droid X. I added my gmail account, however when I click on the contacts widget, it gives me several different options for which contacts I want to view. If I click on "Phone Contacts," it just has lik6 generic Verizon contacts, such as #bal, etc. If I clicked on "Google" contacts, it shows a lot more contacts than I currently have on my gmail account, and appears to basically be showing all my facebook contacts. What I want to do, is have some kind of folder that only shows my gmail contacts, and then imports those into "phone contacts." Those will basically be my main contacts, and I don't want facebook friends who I haven't talked to in 15 years showing up. Thanks for any help.

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
ok I have an HTC EVO, not a Droid X, but let me try.

You have to set it up through the contacts / people first (on the phone), so click on that, then the menu. I have the option of Google, Phone, and Facebook. You would want to make sure that Google is checked.

Then under Settings, your gmail account, sync the contacts (I don't think you always have to sync them, you can just go refresh when you add or change contacts) or just make sure it is checked for always sync.

I would think that something similar for your phone would get your contacts sync'd and then would show up appropriately under the contacts widget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC