Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Probably a stupid question

I heard that the number of bars you have doesn't really matter because your 3g runs on a seperate frequency so it can still.be fast even if it's not as strong as your phones signal....is this true?

Default Re: Probably a stupid question

yes, thats true. phone signal is not the same as 3g signal. they run on different frequencies.

I may have a dumb question too. Any help is very appreciated! I consider myself smarter than average when it comes right technology. But this has me concerned. My mother lives in rural area & has no access to high speed internet. She had dialup until recently but now has "higher speed broadband." Her maximum speed is 512K...yes that's a K & not a MB or GB. We want to get her a tablet for Christmas but want to make sure a wifi router will even work for her when connected. I don't want to get her a tablet if she can't even get WiFi because her home internet is too slow to handle it. Is it too slow? Will she have to upgrade her home internet speed? What is the minimum internet speed that can handle wifi router & tablet?
    Thank you in advance!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Logansmom32 View Post
    I may have a dumb question too. Any help is very appreciated! I consider myself smarter than average when it comes right technology. But this has me concerned. My mother lives in rural area & has no access to high speed internet. She had dialup until recently but now has "higher speed broadband." Her maximum speed is 512K...yes that's a K & not a MB or GB. We want to get her a tablet for Christmas but want to make sure a wifi router will even work for her when connected. I don't want to get her a tablet if she can't even get WiFi because her home internet is too slow to handle it. Is it too slow? Will she have to upgrade her home internet speed? What is the minimum internet speed that can handle wifi router & tablet?
    Thank you in advance!

I doubt it's fast enough tbh, if upgrading is AB option I'd recommended it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much for your response :-) She will just have to upgrade but I'll use my hotspot when I'm there lol. Thank you again!