Cant record full screen videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreYouAWizard

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that all the videos i recorded on my phone are centered instead of being full screen. How can i fix it?

My first video was full screen on the internal memory and then i somehow changed it to save to external SD card the recording problem started (i don't know how to change the save settings). Any ideas?

Sorry if its a newb question.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it recording only in low resolution? You might have accidentally changed the Mode to Video Message mode, which records in low res and not widescreen so that the video you send isn't a huge file.

When in the Video Camera, tap Settings, then Mode (the filmstrip icon), and make sure it isn't on Video Message.

To select where it saves files, tap the gear icon, then scroll up until you find the option for save location. I would keep it as your external SD, since you should preserve you're onboard memory for apps and app data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looking again at your video, it really does look widescreen; it's just rotated 90 degrees. Videos are always supposed to save in landscape orientation, but they can be rotated be various programs, including YouTube. When you record a video, does it save in landscape or portrait orientation?

AreYouAWizard

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it recording only in low resolution? You might have accidentally changed the Mode to Video Message mode, which records in low res and not widescreen so that the video you send isn't a huge file.

When in the Video Camera, tap Settings, then Mode (the filmstrip icon), and make sure it isn't on Video Message.

To select where it saves files, tap the gear icon, then scroll up until you find the option for save location. I would keep it as your external SD, since you should preserve you're onboard memory for apps and app data.

No its recording in full HD 1920X1088 (im using G2X for T-Mobile btw).

Ok i just tried it out. If i start recording when the phone is horizontal then it will start recording full screen. If hold it vertically and press record then it will center the clip as i showed in the YouTube video above. I have no clue why it is doing that or if its normal, and don't know why i haven't realized that sooner :(

Looking again at your video, it really does look widescreen; it's just rotated 90 degrees. Videos are always supposed to save in landscape orientation, but they can be rotated be various programs, including YouTube. When you record a video, does it save in landscape or portrait orientation?

It saves in landscape, in other words the thumb nail shows in full screen before you press play and then it centers as the video starts rolling.

Thanks for the help i think i figured it out.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Never hold the phone in portrait orientation when taking a video. Video should always be landscape.

David divaD

May 12, 2022
Visit site
Yes i think its relevant, i came to resolute the problem experiencing on my own right now, it will be relevant for anyone experiencing the same.....the thing is that it can happen to anyone because noone realizes that first is the video oriented verticaly so records it wrong. Its a simple overlooking settings but any gamer will not realize it on a first use. ;)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes i think its relevant, i came to resolute the problem experiencing on my own right now, it will be relevant for anyone experiencing the same.....the thing is that it can happen to anyone because noone realizes that first is the video oriented verticaly so records it wrong. Its a simple overlooking settings but any gamer will not realize it on a first use. ;)

Fair enough, I guess, but this wasn't about recording games. The OP was asking about video recording.

David divaD

May 12, 2022
Visit site
Fair enough, I guess, but this wasn't about recording games. The OP was asking about video recording.

Yes he was asking about video recording because there are hidden features for screen, go try to record a clip of your favourite game and you will get it immediattely ;)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes he was asking about video recording because there are hidden features for screen, go try to record a clip of your favourite game and you will get it immediattely ;)
It wasn't about gaming, so why resurrect a long dead thread to commend something that doesn't apply? Did you find this from a Google search or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae