Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Cant record full screen videos

I just noticed that all the videos i recorded on my phone are centered instead of being full screen. How can i fix it?

My first video was full screen on the internal memory and then i somehow changed it to save to external SD card the recording problem started (i don't know how to change the save settings). Any ideas?

Sorry if its a newb question.

Default Re: Cant record full screen videos

Is it recording only in low resolution? You might have accidentally changed the Mode to Video Message mode, which records in low res and not widescreen so that the video you send isn't a huge file.

When in the Video Camera, tap Settings, then Mode (the filmstrip icon), and make sure it isn't on Video Message.

To select where it saves files, tap the gear icon, then scroll up until you find the option for save location. I would keep it as your external SD, since you should preserve you're onboard memory for apps and app data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    AreYouAWizard likes this.

Looking again at your video, it really does look widescreen; it's just rotated 90 degrees. Videos are always supposed to save in landscape orientation, but they can be rotated be various programs, including YouTube. When you record a video, does it save in landscape or portrait orientation?

Thanked by:
    AreYouAWizard likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Is it recording only in low resolution? You might have accidentally changed the Mode to Video Message mode, which records in low res and not widescreen so that the video you send isn't a huge file.

When in the Video Camera, tap Settings, then Mode (the filmstrip icon), and make sure it isn't on Video Message.

To select where it saves files, tap the gear icon, then scroll up until you find the option for save location. I would keep it as your external SD, since you should preserve you're onboard memory for apps and app data.

No its recording in full HD 1920X1088 (im using G2X for T-Mobile btw).

Ok i just tried it out. If i start recording when the phone is horizontal then it will start recording full screen. If hold it vertically and press record then it will center the clip as i showed in the YouTube video above. I have no clue why it is doing that or if its normal, and don't know why i haven't realized that sooner

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Looking again at your video, it really does look widescreen; it's just rotated 90 degrees. Videos are always supposed to save in landscape orientation, but they can be rotated be various programs, including YouTube. When you record a video, does it save in landscape or portrait orientation?

It saves in landscape, in other words the thumb nail shows in full screen before you press play and then it centers as the video starts rolling.

Thanks for the help i think i figured it out.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

Never hold the phone in portrait orientation when taking a video. Video should always be landscape.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums