- 1 Posts
Melted phone charger
My mother had her Galaxy SII plugged in, it fully charged it, but when we turned off the car, after a few minutes it started to make this buzzing noise followed by a burning rubber and metal smell. She took it out, and the tip was completely melted!
Why would it do this?
- 12-05-2012, 09:00 PM #2
- 12-06-2012, 08:19 PM #3
- 542 Posts
Re: Melted phone charger
Car outlet plugs in general have gone down in quality lately. I drive for a living and use a lot of 12V accessories. The most common issues are the push pin on the plug head doesn't put the right pressure on the outlet, the plug itself wiggles too much and comes loose (both prevent proper contact and causes the plug to overheat), and the plastic gets brittle and the internals break and short out the positive and negative. It's been trial and error finding a good plug for anything, but I've had the best luck with short plugs that barely stick out of the outlet.
- By eikphoto in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 4Last Post: 11-21-2011, 11:04 PM
- By StatuSChecKa in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 5Last Post: 11-08-2011, 10:36 PM
- By tiffngrims in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2011, 08:37 AM
- By Bwangster12 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 03-25-2011, 08:58 AM
- By murso74 in forum Epic 4G AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 10-25-2010, 07:05 PM