help my files are duplicated? dont know if its supposed to b this way!

poolmonitor

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I went on may astro viewed today and all my files are duplicated. Anyone know wtf is wrong with this. Here's a screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-05-20-54-40.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-05-20-54-40.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 6

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Never seen this happen before unless u copied and pasted everything from a back up or something. Check a couple of folders and see the contents. If the content in the folder is exactly the same, get tah deleted all the duplicate folders buddy. Those thumbs are gonna get some exercise.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What device and which version of Android? If it's Jellybean, it might have to do with the multiple user profile feature, even if you don't have multiple profiles set up.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What device and which version of Android? If it's Jellybean, it might have to do with the multiple user profile feature, even if you don't have multiple profiles set up.

True

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

poolmonitor

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Its my tablet nexus 7 with the latest firmware. I don't have another user setup here also and if I did I don't think I would name my user "legacy" or "0". Kind of weird huh. So I'm not too sure if I should delete the duplicated files just yet. Anyone else's files look the same on jellybean?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see that too on my Nexus 7, and I don't have multiple users set up either. Maybe someone with more expertise can weigh in, but I'm guessing that the files aren't truly duplicated, and aren't taking up twice the space. The fact that the folder is labeled "emulated" suggests that it's more of a virtual folder system for the multiple profile feature. I wouldn't delete anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jackybo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Nexus 7 when using Astro file manager, and also Office Suite Pro appears to 'see' the folders named '0' and 'emulated.' I am fairly confident that there is no actual duplication of files because I have about 9GB of music on the device and if this was duplicated it would not all fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36