Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help my files are duplicated? dont know if its supposed to b this way!

I went on may astro viewed today and all my files are duplicated. Anyone know wtf is wrong with this. Here's a screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help my files are duplicated? dont know if its supposed to b this way!-screenshot_2012-12-05-20-54-40.png  

Default Re: help my files are duplicated? dont know if its supposed to b this way!

Never seen this happen before unless u copied and pasted everything from a back up or something. Check a couple of folders and see the contents. If the content in the folder is exactly the same, get tah deleted all the duplicate folders buddy. Those thumbs are gonna get some exercise.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

Default Re: help my files are duplicated? dont know if its supposed to b this way!

What device and which version of Android? If it's Jellybean, it might have to do with the multiple user profile feature, even if you don't have multiple profiles set up.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    What device and which version of Android? If it's Jellybean, it might have to do with the multiple user profile feature, even if you don't have multiple profiles set up.
    True

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Its my tablet nexus 7 with the latest firmware. I don't have another user setup here also and if I did I don't think I would name my user "legacy" or "0". Kind of weird huh. So I'm not too sure if I should delete the duplicated files just yet. Anyone else's files look the same on jellybean?

I see that too on my Nexus 7, and I don't have multiple users set up either. Maybe someone with more expertise can weigh in, but I'm guessing that the files aren't truly duplicated, and aren't taking up twice the space. The fact that the folder is labeled "emulated" suggests that it's more of a virtual folder system for the multiple profile feature. I wouldn't delete anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

OK so u got the same then. Cool thought I was the only one

I have the same issue on my Nexus 7 when using Astro file manager, and also Office Suite Pro appears to 'see' the folders named '0' and 'emulated.' I am fairly confident that there is no actual duplication of files because I have about 9GB of music on the device and if this was duplicated it would not all fit!