Piece broken off into headphone jack!

h3nry12

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
So I'm at this awesome party playing all the hottest new tracks from my HTC Evo 4G LTE, and a small piece of the auxiliary cord I was using somehow remained stuck inside the headphone jack! As a result the phone thinks there are headphones attached, and will not play any noise out of the speaker, rendering the phone pretty worthless.

I took it to a couple local repair shops who didn't want to touch it, I took it to a Sprint repair store who told me to claim my phone's insurance for a new one, and the affidavit I submitted for my new phone was twice rejected with no explanation! I tried opening up the phone as far as I could, but still couldn't yank the damn piece out with some needle nose pliers. I thought about a strong magnet or something but I'm afraid it would damage the phone.

All I really want to do is make phone calls and listen to music! Can anyone help me?

Mark Menzynski

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
Today I had a similar problem. The cap broke off and remained inside the phone. I took out the inside plastic with tweezers and screwed into the metal cap a screw. Then simply pulled out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay