Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s2 Battery indicates always full

Hi,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 and when I have finished charging over night, the battery indicates that it is 100% until I reboot phone. It does not indicate it is still charging. Just that the battery is 100% full. Then it all of a sudden shuts down because the battery is completely drained. Please help.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Galaxy s2 Battery indicates always full

Your battery might be shot. The only thing you can do is back everything up and do a factory reset to see if that helps. You could also try a different battery monitor but you will get the same results i believe
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Should have given a little more info. sorry. the battery will saty alive all day (Normal Battery life). I have installed a different battery monitor. Same result If I rebooted my phone now, it would say the battery is at 80% because it has bee off charge for 4 hours.

When the issue occurrs, and I plug the phone in, it doesnt charge. it just tells me that the battery is already 100%.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

so you have to wait for it to die before you can charge it again?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yep. Or reboot and then charge.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Then I would have to say to do a factory reset. I would not know if there is a charging APK or anything like that to clear out....

My Galaxy Reverb is doing the same thing. In the corner it will show the icon to alert that the battery is fully charged- but in the opposite corner will show what % it's really at. Then at random times of day when I'm not even using it. The red light will show that it's in charging mode when it's not connected. I feel that this confusion it's having is draining my battery further even though it's got a good battery life- just a bipolar attitude.

Any changes I can make?

Global Posts
    9,111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by KateMcMa View Post
    My Galaxy Reverb is doing the same thing. In the corner it will show the icon to alert that the battery is fully charged- but in the opposite corner will show what % it's really at. Then at random times of day when I'm not even using it. The red light will show that it's in charging mode when it's not connected. I feel that this confusion it's having is draining my battery further even though it's got a good battery life- just a bipolar attitude.

Any changes I can make?
    Do you experience good battery life between charges? It sounds like you have a bad battery and the phone is getting bad readings from it, which can happen. I would suggest a factory reset (backup first) then see how it acts after that. If the problem persists, you might want to consider a new battery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2