Is there a way to flag an app in the Play Store to skip an update?

goldentuna

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a frustration with the Google Playstore because there are times that I'd like to 'skip' an update (because of something broken in the update) ... but then still be able to hit the 'update all' button for other apps.

There are times I see that the list of apps to update are listed in a section for "Update All" and with one button it will cycle through them all. And there are times under that list, is another list of apps that are shown as 'Manually Update".

Does anyone know of a way to 'flag' or 'set' an app's update to move to the "Manually Update" section - so you can skip it in the "Update All" list.

I have 2 apps that I don't want to update for one reason or another... and now I have to go through the update list one by one instead of Update All.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope.

Your options are to either:

A) delete the apps you don't want to be updated

B) update those apps

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's better not to Update All anyway. I usually look through each update one by one to see what's been updated, and if anyone's been having problems with the update in review comments. If it looks ok, then I hit Update for that one app only.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Good suggestion, B.Diddy.

Frankly, you could possible hit the update all button then go to the two apps you don't want updated and stop/cancel the update. This is not the cleanest or best solution, but works in situations when you want most apps to be updated.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
B. Diddy got it right imho, but the OP asked about apps under the "manual update" section as well. That is for apps with a major change, like permission requirements, so that you don't accidentally update them without having a chance to read about the changes. It's nothing that can be set on your end.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's correct, thanks for pointing that out, Mooncatt. The main criterion for an app update to be Manual is if there has been a change in the permissions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke