:confused: missing application Icons on Virgin Mobile Lg Optimus Elite (LG LGE VM696)

Gayle Jean Graham

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello
First of all let me inform everyone I just got my Lg Optimus and am still learning new techniques>
This is also my very first smart phone :D so Im not skilled in the lingo so please be kind as well
as patient and keep in mind though I am intellegent I may not know what you are refering to.
I will now get to the issue:
:mad: I have a few applications on my android that I cannot find the icons for to start them, the applications
are not listed in the application key menu or on any of the 5 screens on my phone.:confused:
I can only find them thru the settings menu if I tap setting> aplications >manage applications.
not only is it frustrating I canot use them. I did find a somewhat long process for using them by typing
the app name into google play yet However not only is that time consuming its a pain in the ****
Please help me figure out what the _____________ Is going on, is it possible I am missing something
an there is a way to access the hidden icons? If so please tell me how in simple easy to follow terms
Thank you all so much
God Bless

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It'd help if you mentioned which apps you're trying to find. With any Android phone, you can bring up the entire list of apps by tapping the All Apps icon (usually the one in the center of the bottom tray that looks like an array of dots). Some phones give you the ability to further subcategorize apps on this screen, so make sure it says "Apps" or "All Apps" at the top of the screen.

Gayle Jean Graham

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your reply B. Diddy I do appreciate your in put :) I have the LG Optimus LS696 Elite - 1GB I know which icon you are speaking of an that is where I am refering to when I say "the applications are not listed in the application key menu" guess I should have been more specific in my wording :p The applications Im speaking of are downloaded apps (as well as preinstalled) too many to list. I can see all my apps in manage applications yet not in the All apps menu when I tap the "application key menu" )which is what the all applications key is called on my phone) or on any of the 5 home screens on my phone. I know I have to scroll down and they are all listed alphebetically. As I stsed in my first post The apps are on the phone yet there arent Icons to be found to open them, I have to go to google play look them up and open them from there. its not simply a matter of not knowing where to open or find them. it seems they have been hiden somehow. I guess if need be I could go thru the list and post all the apps I cant find icons for yet I was hoping to find an easier solution
I feel I must add they were all in the menu now they arent

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First of all, here's a link to the manual for your phone: https://docs.google.com/gview?url=h..._LS696_SPR_UG_Web_V1.0_120409.pdf&chrome=true

All apps that were preinstalled or that you installed yourself should show up on the Applications screen. Remember, though, that Widgets are not the same as Apps. A Widget is something you place on your homescreen that actively displays information, or has an actual function if you press it (e.g., a clock widget or a widget that turns on or turns off wifi). I assume your phone is still on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)--to add a Widget, you need to find an empty spot on a homescreen and longpress it until a menu pops up to ask what you want to add. Select Widget, and then choose from your list of Widgets.

Again, it would help if you give us an idea of which applications you can't seem to find in your list. If, for example, you were looking for a Weather or News Widget, the reason you can't find it is that it's listed with your Widgets, not your Apps.

Gayle Jean Graham

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank You very much for your patience with me and assistance and for the manual I did read the one I down loaded yet the one you sent me to is somehow more detail ed.I figured it out they are subcatoragorized an though I did not realize:-[ it apparently not all the apps I downloaded from google play were installed. I do not know why (Dont care either LOL) I do feel a little stupid now though especially after saying Im intellegent :p That otta teach me lol well Im gonna take as a lesson learned and the ability to help someone else were they to have the same issue
Have a blessed day and fabulous holidays

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I like that feature. My RAZR Maxx has the ability to categorize my apps, and I can then put that category on my home screen as a shortcut. I believe this actually takes up a little less memory than making your own folders, because I've noticed some lag on devices if there are a ton of app icons or folders on the home screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol