Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Default Does anyone sync to Yahoo services???

I don't know where this question fits, so here goes.

I've always had difficulty cleanly syncing with Yahoo services (Mail, Contacts, etc.) with my Android phones. Currently using a Razr Maxx on stock ICS.

I had the best luck using Maildroid Pro as the Mail app (the Yahoo app had been horrible - although I know they recently updated). Push notifications work great with Maildroid and the interface is pretty good. Scrolling is excellent, plus no ads.

I had the best luck syncing Contacts using the CardDAV protocol and CardDAV Free Beta from the Play store. This gave me two-way sync, whereas the Yahoo Mail app would only sync to the phone and not back. What's the point of one-way sync when you add and modify a lot of contacts right from your phone?

Recently, I've lost the ability to sync contacts (past two weeks or so). CardDAV is reporting errors that the app developer indicates are issues with the Yahoo server. I tried re-installing the Yahoo Mail app just to sync the contacts and it's not bringing anything over (the sync window actually reports an vague error about the system not responding). When I look online, I seem to be finding a few recent reports of others not getting their contacts synced either. Having tried to set up the CardDAV account again, my phone contacts were deleted and I'm running blind at the moment until I can get the sync fixed.

I've tried contacting Yahoo for support, but the responses have been comical at best. Their support associates do nothing but direct me to help pages that say to install the Yahoo Mail app. Or to set up the CardDAV protocol like I've already done.

Other than switching providers (conveniently Yahoo charges you to forward mail and I'm pretty locked to my current address), any suggestions?

Thanks!

Default Re: Does anyone sync to Yahoo services???

Any luck syncing to yahoo? I have also lost contacts on my phone and tablet
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeguk View Post
    Any luck syncing to yahoo? I have also lost contacts on my phone and tablet
    Yahoo's latest communication to me said they found some misconfiguration with my account on their servers. They've applied a fix that may take 24 hours to correct the problem. I should know if they got it by this time tomorrow and will report back...

Did you manage any progress?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

No progress yet...

Yahoo initially responded to say there was no issue with my account, that I should follow up with my carrier as the problem must be on my phone. Or switch from the CardDAV process to the Yahoo Mail app for Android.

I responded to let them know that the Yahoo Maill app won't sync contacts either. The reply I got back from that response suggests they are still aware of some issue that their engineering team is working on. No timeline for restoration.

The problem is that a different person responds each time, resulting in different information. Hard to know what's accurate...