Need help choosing a new phone!!

uanaka

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

Anyways, I've had my little razr flip phone for around 4 years now and I can finally get an upgrade. So I've narrowed my choices down to 3/4 options.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300 or I9305, is the extra ram that important?)
HTC Droid DNA
HTC Droid Razr Maxx HD

Just a little information to help you make a decision. I'm still a student and I'm not really that knowledgeable about rooting and that stuff (probably wouldn't root phones, don't see benefit really) . So all I would use the phone for is general texting, calling, web browsing, games, social networking and music/streaming music.
- I'm not too into the gaming and multitasking, so idk about ram and that stuff. But essentially, I'm looking for a phone with a battery that can last me the entire day (limited to moderate usage) or even more would be great. I know the Maxx has the best battery, but it also has a bad camera (i like to take pictures from time to time). But I like its build.

I guess in general i'm looking for fast and good battery life... the android 4.1/4.0 doesn't really matter seeing as I don't really keep up with it. As long as the phone works, I can message, call, play and listen to music it fits my need.

Thanks!

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
you can not miss on any of the phones you listed.

Your best bet is to head to the forums of each phone, check out pictures taken from other members, battery life stats, look at reviews and ask questions.
Then head to a Verizon store and play with all three of them (you will be better off researching now, then to wish you had something different later)

Each phone has it pros and cons (all phones are great and you can not go wrong)

camera- have not seen DNA but the Razr HD and S3 have good cameras. my opinion is S3 is winner
battery - Maxx HD is clear winner.
Price - Maxx HD $300, the other two are $200
Memory - Maxx HD: 32 gb, with SD slot. S3: 16gb with sd slot, DNA 16 gig, No SD slot.
I like to store lots of music on my phone and keep a movie on there for a rainy day, so i need lots of memory. (this is the only reason i will not be getting the DNA)

Good luck with your choice

uanaka

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
you can not miss on any of the phones you listed.

Your best bet is to head to the forums of each phone, check out pictures taken from other members, battery life stats, look at reviews and ask questions.
Then head to a Verizon store and play with all three of them (you will be better off researching now, then to wish you had something different later)

Each phone has it pros and cons (all phones are great and you can not go wrong)

camera- have not seen DNA but the Razr HD and S3 have good cameras. my opinion is S3 is winner
battery - Maxx HD is clear winner.
Price - Maxx HD $300, the other two are $200
Memory - Maxx HD: 32 gb, with SD slot. S3: 16gb with sd slot, DNA 16 gig, No SD slot.
I like to store lots of music on my phone and keep a movie on there for a rainy day, so i need lots of memory. (this is the only reason i will not be getting the DNA)

Good luck with your choice

Thanks, so the MAXX HD is definitely a competitor (I love battery life :p) and I love my music and gaming. But I only have around 10gb of music that I listen to FREQUENTLY. So I was just wondering about S3 and DNA? Like battery life.. I know the DNA is faster cause of quad core though.

Is the quad core on the DNA a big deciding factor? It's not like I'll do MUCH multitasking

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital