Can 2 device user profiles share each other's apps?

Derek Cox

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus 7 for my fiance and I, and was wondering if the apps she downloaded could be used on my profile. I didn't see them on my profile, and I don't want to have to pay twice for an app.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Sorry but if its a paid application from the Google Play Store then its only registered to be used on the Google account it was purchased from. Free apps doesn't matter you can each download those to your profile/Google accounts.

smartiekins

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
But you can use multiple google accounts in the play store.in my case, when I got my tab, my GF bought some apps for it, on my account. When they brought in the option for multiple users, I set her up a profile, but her google play has both my details and hers in it. It means she can buy anything new on her account, and was still able to access the ones she had bought on mine (and I get my own profile!).

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering about this also for my sons benefit. My wife started off with the Droid system with her Epic 4 a could of years ago and we've since bought a couple of tablets the she and my son use. He's 9 and she's put a few games on her tablet, the one he uses and her phone. They are all basically on her account and it works out well for him since he can play the games on any of the devices and move from one to the other and continue where he left off on some of them. I was wondering about doing it on my phone, now that I have a Note 2 so he could do the same thing with my phone if we were out and about.

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Can you transfer purchases from one account to another? My son has some games on my phone but we got him a tablet for Christmas. I set him up his own Gmail account, and I'd like to transfer his games over to his new account.

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
What I did for my son's new tablet was first I just created the profile like it was my tablet, downloaded everything that was his including the purchase stuff. Then I remove my account and added his. That worked for us.

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk