Office Suite Pro on Nexus 7

Daffodil2

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Okay, so I have been given a Nexus7 and I'm not sure what it can actaully do so I am trying out a few simple things - currently OfficeSuitePro - and I don't really know what the Nexus7 is capable of so not sure how to do some things.
My current question is - can I save spreadsheets which I create on the tablet using Office Suite Pro, and if so, how?
The HELP says i can save to Local Storage, but I don;t seem to have this. What is it and how do I get it? I have a My Documents Folder and an Internal Storage folder. When I go to Save in either of these folders it displays the message "There are no supported files in this folder" and the Save icon is greyed out.
Some forum posts suggest I should be saving to an SD card, but my device doesn't have one, nor does it have a slot for one.
I know I am confused. Can someone put me on the right track.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok.

First thing you should do is download ES File Explorer. This will make everything easier.

Anything you download will go to the download folder or directly to the hard drive, or maybe the folder labeled office suite. Depends on what you download it with. If you can't seem to locate it using the actual app, you will find it this way.

If you look on the upper right hand corner while the document is open in office, you will see a button that is 3 little dots. Tap that and you can select "save" or "save as" and it will give you a choice of what folder you want to use. Just hit the arrow up of you want to use a different folder.

I'll try to post some screen shots later.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Daffodil2

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Thank you for this, it's really helpful. I have downloaded the ES file explorer and I can see how it works. I have managed to save some files.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

Thank you for this, it's really helpful. I have downloaded the ES file explorer and I can see how it works. I have managed to save some files.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Es has many different functions. Moving, sending, copying, and Bunch that I don't even know about.

I know it seems overwhelming, but hang in there through the learning curve and you will be so glad you did.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781