Google Now Voice changed from British man to American woman since update

Sergeant Soup

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else's google now voice changed since today's update? My voice setting is English UK but is now an American woman rather than the British man that it used to be. Its a bit annoying as she mispronounces a lot of town names etc. I've tried changing the voice language settings under google now back and forth but had no luck and it stays as the American woman. This has happened on both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. Any ideas?

Last edited:

notdodgy

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else's google now voice changed since today's update? My voice setting is English UK but is now an American woman rather than the British man that it used to be. Its a bit annoying as she mispronounces a lot of town names etc. I've tried changing the voice language settings under google now back and forth but had no luck and it stays as the American woman. This has happened on both my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7. Any ideas?

Just tried it and get the same, tried changing the voice settings to US then back to UK, no change.

Time to raise a fault report.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I asked the same thing yesterday. It's very annoying - I loved my suave 'proper' English man ;) Have cleared cache, changed settings & prayed to the Google Gods - all to no avail.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I asked the same thing yesterday. It's very annoying - I loved my suave 'proper' English man ;) Have cleared cache, changed settings & prayed to the Google Gods - all to no avail.
American women has a sexier voice than the British Men.
Oh well I am Male so that make sense why I am attracted to that.

but seriously I think American women voice is much more real than the rest

Sergeant Soup

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
@still1 Its not sexy when she can't pronounce things properly.

@dashdashdot I checked out your thread and it appears this is quite a common problem, so should hopefully mean a quick fix.

@notdodgy How do you raise a fault report. Have you done so already?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01